Sunday, December 29, 2013

A little pre-new years thinking

I would like to pause for a moment tonight and think about life.

I often have a full and overflowing heart. A heart that isn’t spilling over because of joy necessarily, but because of emotion; a happiness really, that is grown out of deep and variant feeling. Mine is a happiness born of adversity, like so many others. In life’s struggles we are forced to look up, to brace our feet and find the worth of our armory. The battles and victories lengthen and broaden and forge our thinking and show, as it has been put in past times, our mettle. My happiness does not exist because my life is perfect but really, because it is flawed, because I am flawed. I have a happiness that is because, through all of life this year, the ups and downs, God has been near; always near. I have had great need of him.

It has always struck me as odd that a need for someone greater and more far seeing than oneself would be considered a crutch; and that crutch a bad thing. A crutch is a very handy implement to have when there is a weakness of limb. I hate to be the one to mention it bluntly but every one of us, (us humans) have weakness of soul that no amount of trying can strengthen or overcome….alone. We can all have the essential crutch, or should I say: support. Only a fool says in his heart there is no God, I speak to those not fools when I say, in your remembrance of the year that is slipping into history and your anticipation of the year that is on the brink of living, don’t make a go of it alone.  

God is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment