Wednesday, December 11, 2013

If a child can do it

Every year on Christmas day before we open our stockings and get started on the presents piled generously under the tree, we read the Christmas story. It is just a little way to focus our remembrance and start off the day with intimacy and gratitude. When my daughter was 3 I started reading her the Christmas story in Luke every day for most of December. Sometimes we would read it several times and I would have her finish all the sentences. By Christmas morning she had it memorized and when we went over to my parents for breakfast and presents, instead of reading the passage out of the scriptures she quoted it. What a fun surprise for everyone. Since then we always brush up on those verses in December by reading them often and quoting them to each other. The last two years she has stood up on stage at Church during Christmas service with a microphone and quoted the passage in her precious child voice. I tell her she is giving a gift to the people at church and to the family when she gets up there brave and steady and tells about Jesus.
This video was when she was four.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIDUL4D5XJU&feature=youtube_gdata

2 comments:

  1. Cutest video ever! What an amazing little girl. I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my precious Daphne! I am such a proud Grandma!

    ReplyDelete