Friday, December 27, 2013

The post Christmas blues

Though I should be working on my new years resolutions, documenting the remainder of our 25 days of Christmas or perhaps recording the meaningful happenings of Christmas day, I am sitting in my favorite oversized sweater eating an unhealthy amount of chocolate from my Christmas stocking while gazing inadvertently at the pile of boxes that represent the breakdown of my Christmas decorations.
I might have a twinge of the post Christmas blues.
Am not ready to clean the house. Am not ready to change gears from heavy celebration to “PRODUCTION!”. I have always considered the week between Christmas and New Years to be a sort of reprieve from real life. I don’t mean one doesn’t have to work or cook or function normally; I just mean you began the adjustment slowly to the idea of a better you. Yes, a better you. However, the slow adjustment process, that being one week, does not allow, I think, for adequate come down from the lengthy preparation we just participated in. Yes, Christmas is over, and it was wonderful. Though I can’t call my feelings sad, they are at any rate subdued. I washed and brushed my hair today, had to wiggle a couple times to get my new skinny jeans buttoned and instead of feeling grand, I felt unnecessarily starched. Not jolly, oh dear, not jolly. The truth is, I miss the preparations leading up to the big party.




So if you are like me, you might want to indulge the blues just a little, put on the Trans Siberian Orchestras Carol of the Bells and drink the left over egg nog…. you don’t have to quit cold turkey.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment