Friday, January 31, 2014

Internet..take it or leave it

This is the last day of the blogathon with Jolly little life which I have been irregularly participating in. Though I had high hopes of writing five days a week with my sisters very entertaining prompts, I was overcome by other loads and had to look longingly at my computer from another task several times in the course of the last couple weeks.

 

The blog prompt today was “what would life without the internet look like for me”. I know my sister expects a full on rant but I feel my persuasions will come out a bit more moderate. I feel a calm sense of maturity sweeping over my otherwise extreme opinionated hostilities.

 

The internet and I are not the best of friends you see. The human condition is not such that can handle something so vast and informative as the cosmic internet without immoderate addiction, waste of valuable time and money, trouble and temptation. Society in general has reached a sensual plateau where self control has no proportion and social interaction on line has taken the place of social skills. Yes I have a problem with e-mails being read over dinner or a friend playing some addictive internet game on their phone when you are trying to have coffee with them. I have a problem with stupid people sharing stupid opinions on topics they have no business commenting on, regardless of free speech. We should use our intellect for good and for God as best we can never forgetting that the world is out there, people are out there, and the box is the box.

 

That being said, I appreciate the wonderful conveniences of the infamous world at ones finger tips, the resources available, the friends that can be talked face to face with, though they live around the world. At once being great and dangerous depending on which hand is holding the mouse, or the phone, or the IPAD or whatever. So to answer the question, I would adapt fine if suddenly I found myself without said internet and life would not change too drastically.

A true Danielle moment here, without the internet:

·        I would be able to spend more time with my husband because he wouldn’t be able to download every freakin’ football game out there (excuse the unnecessary explicative’s).

·        I would be less annoyed by people always on their phones, posting picture on face book and updating their status (whatever that means).

·        I wouldn’t be able to blog but would probably write a book instead entitled: Vitamin D is good… go outside.

  • Yes without the internet I would perhaps miss looking up words like gymnologising or antejentacular … but then again I do have a dictionary.
 
  • I would miss seeing those wal-martians perhaps (but I could always go there in person)

 

 Yet, I think I would bear the deprivation easily; however, I am mature enough to utilize it and appreciate all it has to offer, hopefully, without getting sucked into all it has to distract.

 

 Every one of us has a purpose for our life and it would behoove us all to stay true.
My Jolly Little Life Blogathon My Jolly Little Life

2 comments:

  1. That was so perfect Danielle. An excellent blend of its value in the right perspective, and the negative realities the internet so often poses in our impersonal society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you explained that vet nicely.....and, although I might be out of a job, I could do without it as welll....I'd probably be much less stressed in general. thanks for the laughs at the end.

    ReplyDelete