Thursday, January 16, 2014

I know you like 'em sloppy

My crockpot is my favorite inanimate object in the kitchen.... that is, right after my Vitamix and my juicer. They have names and I love them. I love to get all the ingredients cooking in the morning and enjoy the smell of what's coming for dinner all day. This recipe is a family favorite and also makes great leftovers (if you happen to have any to spare).
 
Sloppy Joes
 
2 1/2 Pounds ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 1/4 cups catsup
1 medium bell pepper
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/3 cup water
3 Tablespoons brown sugar (I use 2 T honey)
3 Tablespoons mustard
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon chili powder
whole wheat hamburger buns 
 
Cook ground beef, onion and garlic until meat is brown. Drain fat.
Combine other ingredients in slow cooker
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
Spoon onto toasted buns and enjoy!
Make a nice green salad to go along with these babies to create a great meal.
Use your crock pot... love you crock pot...says I.

My Jolly Little Life Blogathon My Jolly Little Life

1 comment: