Saturday, November 23, 2013

Family Vacation Part II - 3 Reasons why a cruise is a good idea


 Reflecting on all the great family getaways we have had I would just like to give a couple reasons why a cruise was a pretty great idea.
 
  1. No cell service. For all you who have a hard time separating yourself from the texting and e-mail alerts and other web related distractions, going on a boat where the internet is 75 cents per minute, you realize much can wait for a few days.  The conversation is more fluid and intelligent when the compulsion to check your phone every few minutes has subsided. The eyes clear and began to see, with one less preoccupation, a world of human beings. I know, I know I’m the last person in the world who still has a flip phone so I couldn't possibly understand how wonderful the others are. Humor me, it was nice.
  2. No cooking. Hurray! We, as a family rarely eat out and though my meals are often on the fly, it feels, nevertheless, like I am always in the kitchen. This was a nice treat for me. Every time my boy said “I so hungry mom” I would run up six flights of stairs to the dinning room and bring a bowl of fruit and a buffet down to our room to satiate the pangs. (Also a good way not to come home twice your original size)
  3. Going and doing and being together while we were going and doing (says husband). If you are going with extended fam and might not want to see them twenty-four/seven it’s perfect. Plenty of places to hide out. Or, if you are like my sister and her boy friend, just bring wigs, glasses and mustaches and go wherever you wish with total anonymity.
 
 As I was preparing to post this excerpt on the 3 reasons a cruise is a good idea I happened to read another great blog from a person of near acquaintance who writes about the 21 reasons why. So read jollylittlelife.blogspot.com for the real scoop. Gotta love that jolly girl.
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I concur. Wonderful reasons to go on a cruise. Great minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete