Friday, November 22, 2013

Family Vacation Part 1


Family vacations have come a long ways since I was young and my parents with their six kids had their adventures in a tent trailer, a station wagon, a suburban and eventually a used motor home. Now many of those six kids have spouses and kids of their own so family vacations are a much larger affair.

Not all of us kids always make it but we do our best because missing out on the crazy antics of a bunch of people you really like as well as love, is something you don’t want to do too often.
Cruise we did, and it was splendid.


 
The only other time husband and I went on a cruise we had two munchkins; Mister being only six months. Based on that experience I had high hopes of an uninterrupted nights sleep, where the rocking of the boat would act as a giant cradle keeping all of us slumbering peacefully in our bunks. That isn’t exactly how it went.
 By 3:00 am, Mister had woke up to use the toilet, little buddy woke to nurse, my daughter lost a tooth and was thrilled to share and my husband accidently found the light switch (we had tried earlier to locate it), with his head against the back wall of our bed and the cabin was illuminated as if it were day. During all this I hit my head twice on the bunk situated just over our bed in an effort to keep one kid from waking others and the lights from waking all. Oh well. The imperfect moments create some great memories.

God bless family.

No comments:

Post a Comment