Thursday, May 8, 2014

A hand to hold tonight


I wish.... to remember.
 
There were moments this week that made me glad to just sit and hold a hand, glad for my husband and his constancy, glad to hold my baby at five in the morning and stick my nose in his hair.
 
Life is weird. There are these moments of such incredible joy that they brings tears and then there are just tears; pain and tears. My words fall short tonight as on many nights when life is just plain overwhelming.
 
The best I can say is to be thankful for the moments you have. Even the imperfect ones when your son is crying in a public place at the top of his little lungs and people are looking at you, some with looks of compassion and some with looks of annoyance. Thankful for life and breath and love. Life isn't perfect but it is full of perfect moments, and these moments hold time and memory and forever within them.

 
 




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words Danielle! I'm so thankful for all the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I am thankful for every moment. We are very blessed, and we should never take our moments we have for granted.

    ReplyDelete