Saturday, April 5, 2014

Memory Lane

 
Last night I was the last to arrive at Star Bucks where my girls were already deep in the throes of coffee, chatter and pictures. My aunt just returned from, what looked like, a most memorable trip to London and Paris. Seeing those pictures gave me a mixture of emotion ranging from jealousy (in the least violent sense of the word) to longing and then to appreciation; mostly the urge to pull out some of my own memories that not yet 8 years ago were taken on many of the same corners and essentially just relive the magic.
 
Travel is one of the most intensely pleasurable things in life to experience with someone or many someone's that you just love to be with.
 
The trip I took in 2006 was one of truly epic proportions.
It all started because my two little sisters were taking a three month sabbatical from real life and seeing the great wide world. Well of course flying to Paris to meet them for a week was a natural progression for Em and I.
 
I will never forget my little sisters with little flowers in hand waiting for us as we came out of the terminal. It was a joyous and loud reunion. So started our week in Paris, just the four of us, before my husband and friend came to meet us and continue our journey to London and then Spain.
Shannon, Emily, myself and Jonni, 2nd pic from the left.
 
So for my little picture trip down memory lane I will only preface it by saying it was the last great hurrah before the kids started coming; a truly great hurrah it was.
 
Mallorca, Spain
I told Chris to pack light because of all the walking and train travel we were doing therefore it was a both ridiculous and hilarious spectacle to witness him at the train station disembarking with not only his bag but his enormous travel golf club case. We had the added bonus of the wheel on his luggage breaking making his rolling bag a dragging bag. Great times.
The Louvre, The Eiffel Tower, Grounds of the Versailles Castle 
 

Our huge traveling gang in Mallorca, Spain
View from the Eiffel
View from Sacre Coure, Notre Dame
 
The Sacre Coeur and Pere Lachaise 
 
Outside the Louvre
There were days we would get a Nutella Crepe in the park and fifteen minutes later go right back for another one.

London, England
Mallorca

1 comment:

  1. I want to go back there! Thinking of those wonderful memories makes me want to cry.

    ReplyDelete