Monday, April 28, 2014

5 item pulse check for a happier you

This week I am going to do a daily five. Random topics of my choosing in a grouping of five. I make no promises that I will be successful at an every day sequence but my intentions are such.
 
Starting out Monday with a quick pulse check on some very important entry's that may get neglected in light of their more flamboyant hybrids.
  1. Water. This is just a check up on your consistency doing the basics. Figure about how much water you need and fill up the appropriate amount of bottles on the counter. Empty one and grab another and see how you’ve done by the end of the day.
  2. Sun. Sun deprivation and consequently a shortage of Vitamin D is part of the reason our body has a harder time fighting off colds during the winter months. The amount of sun exposure is different for everyone depending on coloring, environment and a half dozen particulars however I just figure for myself, get out in the sun for just under the time it takes to start burning. I always protect my face with sunscreen but it is ridiculous the amount of lather people use over all their visible skin. Being in the sun is great for the psyche as well.
  3. Positive outlook. Just listen to your words to check your happy meter.
    Putting a taboo on complaining to your girl friends or husband is a good place to start revamping your outlook. Start focusing on the good in your life and being verbally thankfully to the people around you.
  4. Exercise. I know from serious experience that with kids the best laid plans are often for naught and sometimes you just don’t make it to the gym. On days where the schedule gets off kilter don’t underestimate the value in energetic movement.  Park in the farthest parking space from the grocery store, do squats while you are watching the kids play outside, put on a rockin’ song and just groove all your stress away. I’m sure you can think of some creative ways to burn calories and then get to the gym tomorrow.
  5. Fresh food eating. Next time you go to the grocery store evaluate the contents of your cart. I try to have at least 50% of my grocery purchases be fresh, if I am seeing too many sealed bags and cans, items that have a long shelf life, I do a quick check of what our daily habits have been. Our body feels better and is healthier when we give it “life” foods.

2 comments:

  1. I will work on the sun aspect this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I will continue working on a positive outlook :)

    ReplyDelete