Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Life in the Clink



It is, speaking along a common thread, an unprecedented time in many peoples existence. Even though our country and the world as a whole will probably not count this the worst of hardships in histories past and histories yet to come, there is nevertheless a realness that has seeped into every joint…I mean home. However hard we try to keep joy and peace prevalent in our family, to keep the TV off and the access to negative things minimal there is an overall weight that cannot be ignored. I am going to write seven posts of my own, for the sake of relevance and consequently interest but not necessarily genius, in the next ensuing days. “The incarcerated life”, as it were. Not seven consecutive days mind you. I need not promise where I cannot perform.

Does anyone else feel that although home all the time, one has less time than before? Maybe it’s just me. I’m definitely spending more time cleaning and never feeling that things are any more clean. More time doing school with my kids and not feeling like they are learning anything additional.  I’m not going to lie, that streak of very cold and very wet weather we had last week was just mean spirited. It made the slammer very nearly unbearable.

I refer to the difficulty of worldwide proportions as “that virus” since I refuse to call it by its semi technical name and adamantly refuse to refer to it by its pet nick name as if we are on speaking terms.  Stay tuned for “confinement confessions”.




3 comments: